Author Topic: The Reading Circle  (Read 3845 times)

nightmarewebmaster

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Nightmare on Elm Street Companion
The Reading Circle
« on: May 06, 2020, 10:50:54 AM »
What have you been reading during these past weeks in isolation?  Any recommendations for avid book readers?

Ominous1

• View Profile
Re: The Reading Circle
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 02:45:33 PM »
A couple months back I discovered the 80's Slasher Librarian on YouTube. He has done narrations for over 50 out-of-print horror novelizations, including ANOES 1-3, Wes Craven's New Nightmare, Freddy Vs. Jason, the Black Flame novels, and Freddy Krueger's Seven Sweetest Dreams. He will be doing ANOES 4 & 5 too very shortly.

I've listened to many of his recordings for various Nightmare, Halloween, and F13 novels and they are terrific. Highly recommended. He has done Child's Play books and Final Destination as well.
Formerly McDan.

"Oh yeahhh...GREAT to be back in business!"

NancyThompson1984

• "NANCY!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 11:13:16 PM »
i am big book reader but this year i been reading more with all the stuff going on

I read these
The Whisper Man by Alex North
After the sudden death of his wife, Tom Kennedy believes a fresh start will help him and his young son Jake heal. A new beginning, a new house, a new town. Featherbank.

But the town has a dark past. Twenty years ago, a serial killer abducted and murdered five residents. Until Frank Carter was finally caught, he was nicknamed "The Whisper Man," for he would lure his victims out by whispering at their windows at night.

Just as Tom and Jake settle into their new home, a young boy vanishes. His disappearance bears an unnerving resemblance to Frank Carter's crimes, reigniting old rumors that he preyed with an accomplice. Now, detectives Amanda Beck and Pete Willis must find the boy before it is too late, even if that means Pete has to revisit his great foe in prison: The Whisper Man.

And then Jake begins acting strangely. He hears a whispering at his window

A very good book  only problem i had with it that it was a slow read

Imaginary Friend by Stephen Chbosky
Imagine... Leaving your house in the middle of the night. Knowing your mother is doing her best, but she's just as scared as you.

Imagine... Starting a new school, making friends. Seeing how happy it makes your mother. Hearing a voice, calling out to you.

Imagine... Following the signs, into the woods. Going missing for six days. Remembering nothing about what happened.

Imagine... Something that will change everything... And having to save everyone you love.

Very good book that you will be wrong thinking who Evil and whos good

The Haunted by Bentley Little
The Perry family's new house is perfect-except for the weird behavior of the neighbors, and that odd smell coming from a dark corner in the basement. Pity no one warned the family about the house. Now it's too late. Because the darkness at the bottom of the basement stairs is rising.

A Very good ghost storie but it also some part seems stupid

Also if anyone on goodreads added me as a friend https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4398402-shannon

Kiitonis

• View Profile
    • https://www.movavi.com/
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2022, 03:22:18 AM »
its cool
I am sure that this editor will be a great choice for you, as it is the one that provides the perfect balance between usability without sacrificing powerful controls. In addition, it is in the target category and there is also a free seven-day period.

urrutiap

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2024, 12:04:07 PM »
this month I'm busy with

Stephen King's Needful Things
Wheel of Time Winter's Heart

nightmarewebmaster

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Nightmare on Elm Street Companion
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2024, 07:45:18 PM »
this month I'm busy with

Stephen King's Needful Things
Wheel of Time Winter's Heart

Ah, I love Needful Things... such a terrific book!  I'm just starting Clive Barker's "The Scarlet Gospels".  It's been in my reading queue for (what seems forever) and I'm looking forward to reading it, finally.

jprisco445

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2024, 07:56:13 AM »
Needful is great. One of my favorites.