Author Topic: The COVID-19 Horror Film Marathon  (Read 4992 times)

nightmarewebmaster

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Nightmare on Elm Street Companion
The COVID-19 Horror Film Marathon
« on: May 04, 2020, 02:00:58 PM »
Being stuck inside during the COVID-19 pandemic has provided most of us an opportunity to binge watch horror movies en masse.  What did you watch these past few months?  My list thus far in no certain order:
  • Dawn of the Dead (1978)
  • Scanners
  • Blood Quantum
  • World War Z
  • 28 Days Later
  • Silent Hill
  • Silent Hill: Revelation
  • Resident Evil
  • Resident Evil: Apocalypse
  • Resident Evil: Extinction
  • Resident Evil: Afterlife
  • Resident Evil: Retribution
  • Resident Evil: The Final Chapter
  • Doom: Annihilation
  • Don't Knock Twice
  • Truth of Dare
  • Here Alone
  • Final Destination
  • The Butchering
  • Nightwish
  • Scream Park
  • Lake Nowhere
  • Curtains
  • Terror Train
  • Halloween (2018)
  • One Night in October
  • Scare Me
  • Flu
  • Child Eater
  • The Fun House Massacre
  • House of Fears
  • Pickaxe
  • Scream Park
  • Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
  • The Town that Dreaded Sundown (1977)
  • Grave Encounters
  • Grave Encounters 2
  • Mortuary

Rod Lane

• View Profile
Re: The COVID-19 Horror Film Marathon
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 10:35:40 AM »
Finally upgraded my Lucio Fulci collection to blu ray. Sure, I've watched these movies a hundred times, but not in their native italian language. It was almost like watching them for the first time again. Way better and less theatrical (original) voices, and the crystal clear image wasn't unwelcome either. It was a pleasure  :)

Billy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 10:59:46 PM »
• Nightmare 3, dream warriors
• Nightmare 4, dream master
• The Exorcist
• Halloween (2018)
• The Nun
• IT (1990)
• The Conjuring 1 and 2
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 11:01:51 PM by Billy »
When the world isn’t the same as our minds believe, then we are in a nightmare, and nothing is worse than a nightmare, except one you can’t wake up from”- Werewolf

miamigirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 06:56:30 PM »
You will watch the exorcist?  I find that pleasant.  I am being sarcastic o you know?  I find it witty to write and I am a huge pageview on your lovely page.  I am kind uv watching the new nightmare on elmstreet movies o.  I find that pleasant.  I am currently watching a Takeishi castle episode.  I find it enjoyable.

Ricky

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2020, 07:13:30 AM »
I haven't done a horror movie marathon quite yet, but since today and tomorrow I'll be awaiting the results of the COVID test I had to take Friday, I think it's about time to dig out the Nightmare Blu Ray set and give the whole series a run through for the first time in a little bit.

Might rewatch some of the Halloween/Friday movies I enjoy too. Probably IT (1990) as well.

Ominous1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2020, 12:12:14 AM »
It's hard to believe this shit has been going on since March with no clear end in sight. I've watched countless movies throughout the spring and summer, but not many I hadn't seen a bazillion times.

The only new movie I've watched recently was "We Summon The Darkness." I mistakenly thought it was a vampire movie at first. It's not even supernatural themed. But it was a mildly fun period piece set in 1988...and Alexandra Daddario was all the justification I needed.

Watched Nightmares 4 & 5, respectively, the last two nights. They are the summer Nightmares for sure. Not just because of their release dates but their overall tone. I'm still not the biggest fan of The Dream Child, but it has its merits and is visually a beautiful movie. And Lisa Wilcox was just so fucking gorgeous. I can't truly hate on anything she's been in. It certainly wasn't Mark Hamill who got me through Watchers 4 lol.
Formerly McDan.

"Oh yeahhh...GREAT to be back in business!"