Author Topic: RIP John Saxon  (Read 4151 times)

Wilcoxfan

• View Profile
RIP John Saxon
« on: July 25, 2020, 06:33:16 PM »
I think this can be placed here, but Rest In Peace Mr Saxon.
He always seemed proud of his involvement in the “Nightmare” movies. I was lucky to get a personalised photo of him a few years ago.
You will be missed.

nightmarewebmaster

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Nightmare on Elm Street Companion
Re: RIP John Saxon
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 07:54:22 PM »
Very saddened to learn of this news. He was such a presence in the series and other films he had worked.

Rod Lane

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 02:37:27 AM »
R.I.P.  :-[

Billy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 05:04:27 AM »
Very sad news. He was a great actor. I remember I first saw him in Enter the Dragon with Bruce Lee.

R.I.P. John.😥
When the world isn’t the same as our minds believe, then we are in a nightmare, and nothing is worse than a nightmare, except one you can’t wake up from”- Werewolf

HazelRah

• View Profile
    • How Soon is Never? My Party of One
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2020, 07:14:03 PM »
I wore my Nightmare mask in memory of him today.

John Saxon's performance as Lt Donald Thompson gave that character the gravitas it needed . His seriousness helps counterbalance the insanity of what is actually happening in the original movie.He brings a no nonsense,all business feeling,even with his daughter.Even using Nancy to do his job.This makes the reveal of his involvement in the vigilante violence that more shocking.

His performance and consistent tone,even with the few scenes that he has, helps give a sense of history with his wife,his daughter ,and his involvement in the death of Freddy.His one word reading of the character's wife name, "Marge" ,is full of such backstory.

I love the entire scene in the park that John Saxon shares with "Heather" in Wes Craven's New Nightmare .He gets to play the warm father figure that the cold Lt Thompson wished he could but never would be. RIP John Saxon

Thank you for playing the LT. , one last time

S-10

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 04:32:45 AM »
Wow, what is up with this year? :( RIP John.

Ricky

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2020, 11:50:56 AM »
This news hit me like a ton of bricks. For me, he's the highlight of the original movie and New Nightmare and everything else I've ever seen him in, he was great. RIP.

NancyThompson1984

• "NANCY!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2020, 07:13:52 PM »
When i heard about his death on facebook back in July i was so sad. Since losing Wes few years ago was hard enough but now John is gone. And Robert not that much younger them both Wes and John so if he dies its will really be end of era